Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mustaches and Musings: HELLO!

Hi, everyone! My daughter A has been bugging me about starting her own blog. As much as I want her to start her own account, she is only 11, and I think this is a safer, if not, easier way for her to start writing a few pieces (and getting an audience!). Yes, much like how Smart Parenting Mag started as a Good Housekeeping supplement and section! So please allow me to introduce A - my beautiful and talented daughter (wink!). 

This was really supposed to be her summer project, but then, summer workshops and volleyball classes got in the way.  I hope you encourage her to write some more by commenting on her posts. See, I was never really a writer until college, when my good friend EM complimented my writing style on a piece I wrote for English class - an essay about "telling the wind my secrets". It's been years since then, but I will never forget the thought that entered my head after he told me so - "I want to write some more!" (If only to impress him, haha)

So anyway, we've decided to call her section "Mustaches and Musings" just because these are her thoughts, and right now, she's into all things mustache. LOL! 


~~~ * ~~~



HELLO!

My name is A. Catral, and this is my story. Not exactly my life story, but an introduction. Hehehe.

This is my first time to make a blog, and I am not used to it. You know, I didn't have a blog before 'cause I wasn't ready yet. But now, I AM READY! :)

I love writing stories but you wouldn't know 'cause I write them for myself. ALONE. But now, with this blog, I can just write those stories here! 

OMG! I am so excited! Let's go! Join me! We're going to have lots of fun!



PS. Those stories aren't about me, so I guess that's what's going to be different now that I have a blog. I'm going to have to write about myself, too!


5 comments:

  1. Kaye - this is so great! I hope A keeps writing :)

    A - Hi! Writing stories is one of the best things you can do. That's how I started with my blog too! :) Congratulations and I hope to read your stuff here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job , Alexa! Its time to show those stories to the world. Cant wait to see the next one kiddi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice writing, A! I look forward to reading more from you. Even when it starts to feel like it's a chore, keep on writing so you get even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice start Alexa! Excited to read your stories too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea. Its good that at such a young,she has shown interest in writing.
    A,keep it up! Tell your stories and the world will listen.:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails