Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fastest Driver's License Renewal Ever!

I needed to get my license renewed. I thought I'd run that errand early this year (to save from paying the penalty), so I went and got it done 3 days before my birthday. 

I've had my license renewed at Satellite offices in the past - once at Robinsons Galleria and once at Farmers Market. I remember it being faster at Galleria, plus the mall was cooler than Farmers, so I was set on getting it done there again.

I googled for their number, and called ahead of time to check on traffic. The lady who answered the phone at 3PM told me there weren't many people in line, and that I should come right away.

At 4PM, this was the crowd at LTO Robinsons Galleria.

I actually snapped this photo right before leaving.
But it looked the same when I arrived, except that I was the only one inside the center. LOL!
It is pretty easy to get your license renewed here. Make sure you have your old license (card) since you will need to surrender this when getting a renewal.

This was hanging on the wall, but I shall outline the step-by-step procedure to help you guys out. 

I had to follow the steps below in order to get my license renewed:

STEP 1: Go to Window 2, and present your old license for inspection. The guy will look at it, check the expiry and give you an application form.

STEP 2: Go to Window A and pay P200 for your medical exam. They will give you a number, and will ask you to fill up the form while waiting for your number to be called.

I used that table to fill up my form. Took less than 2 minutes.

STEP 3: Once the form has been filled up, you must wait for your number to be called. An attendant will call your number, and you will be ushered into a small side office (left of Window A), where someone will check for your weight, and have you do an eye exam. I was asked if I wore corrective glasses, so I mentioned I actually wore corrective lenses (and that I have them on all the time, except for when I'm in bed at night). I was asked to read the last line on the eye chart.

STEP 4: You will then be asked to go back to Window 2 to give back your application form, with notation on your correct weight, and remarks from the medical exam. You must then wait for your name to be called.

STEP 5: The person manning the photobooth at Window 6 will call your name, and have you sign on their tablet. Then he will have you sit for the photo. SMILE! I smirked for my photo. Argh! 


Tablet on the left (on table) and chair for the photo on the right.

STEP 6: Your name will be called once again by the person manning Window 1. Here you would pay for your license and other fees. I paid P418.00 for my license.  


No extra penalty fees if you renew early!
STEP 7: Wait for your name to be called once again by the person manning Window 2. Once he calls you, you will be presented with your Official Receipt. You will also be asked to sign their logbook.




STEP 8: They will then ask you to wait for a few seconds. Then your actual Driver's License card will be presented to you.


Voila! All blurred, of course. Hehehe.

That's it! The whole process took less than 10 minutes! I was surprised it was that fast! Feels good to actually have a government agency working efficiently for your benefit.

When renewing your license, don't forget the following:
1) YOUR OLD EXPIRING OR EXPIRED LICENSE.
2) MONEY - P618.00 (if your license isn't expired)
3) PATIENCE. LINES COULD GET LONG (not in my case, though, hehe). 

Thank you, LTO Robinsons Galleria! That was super fast!  



| Call ahead! LTO Robinsons Galleria: (02) 631.1559
LTO Robinsons Galleria
Basement 1, East Wing
Monday to Friday, 10am to 7pm 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails