Monday, August 13, 2012

The Week That Was.

I hope you don't hate me by now. I've actually been contemplating shutting this blog down as I have not found time (nor the energy) to blog lately. Aside from work-related stress, Habagat's visit and RL's dengue scare, my heart is in grief over Piero's passing.

Yes, Piero passed away Sunday night last week. If you are a Facebook friend or have been following me on Twitter, then you already know his system shut down after a bad lung infection, septic shock and eventually,  organ failure. I have no words to express my lament, so I will leave you with what I left on his dad's wall:

"At a moment like this, silence seems to be the only emotion that fits. What can we, as mere men say to a grieving shattered heart? We speak today because we have a living hope. Death is no respecter of persons. Death is no respecter of youth. Death is a painful intruder and a pernicious reminder of our human condition. But I stand before you today to declare that we have a living hope and that causes us to rejoice greatly. If your hope today is found in the fact Jesus is no longer entombed... Because He lives, the grieving broken heart has hope, and reason to rejoice." (From the Movie, Courageous*)

If you haven't watched this film, I seriously encourage you to do so. Life is short, as it is also borrowed time. DO NOT WASTE IT. You are only given one chance to make things right. Some people don't even get that chance. Don't miss the boat.





















Piero, I imagine you are having a swell time running on Streets of Gold, exploring Huge Mansions, dining with the King of Kings, and listening to stories while sitting on the Father's lap. Give Him a hug for me.

Fly high, Piero. Fly high.


*Collector's Edition Courageous DVDs are available at House of Praise Stores. 

2 comments:

  1. awww... ang sad naman... ever since your last post about him iv been silently hoping he'll get well na... i cant imagine the pain his parents are experiencing for losing him... but i guess this is how it's supposed to happen,for a good reason by Him though...pero ang sad... i dont know them but i feel so sad... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. My spirit has been crushed with grief. :( Life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails