Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Life Update: FREAKING OUT!

If you follow my social media accounts, then you would know that I have been freaking out lately because of recent happenings in my neighborhood. In the past week alone, four people have been killed in our barangay - separate incidents, and on different days, but yes, possibly by the same culprits. What's scary is, a woman in her 20s was killed on OUR STREET! About four or five doors down the road!

I am beyond freaked out. I am more than paranoid. I do not even want to leave the house. In the mornings, when I have to bring A to school, we rush to the car. At night, I sit in my parked car for a few minutes to check on motorcycles passing by our street. I've been cancelling meetings left and right. I want to be home before dark. Earlier tonight, I rainchecked on a guest appearance on Live, Love, Lolz. As much as I want to meet Karrots in person and fulfill BentoMomma duties, I had to think about my safety, and that of my kids. Really, the situation is out of control. I do not care if the mayor says he is on top of it. Right after his radio interview Saturday night, where he assures residents that he has ordered police to catch the perpetrators, another victim falls prey the very next day - and at 9PM! So early! There I was thinking I'd be safe as long as it's early in the evening; I guess not. Nyar.

Already, my mom has been asking me to assess the situation, and maybe move back in with the family for a few months. Sigh.

So readers, may I ask for your prayers? I know that the Lord is in charge, and that His protection covers me and my little family. But just the same, please cover us with prayers.

God is my refuge and strength! (photo from www.wildwoodbytheriver.com)

Psalm 91 (NCV)

Safe in the Lord
Those who go to God Most High for safety
will be protected by the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, “You are my place of safety and protection.
You are my God and I trust you.”

God will save you from hidden traps
and from deadly diseases.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you can hide.
His truth will be your shield and protection.
You will not fear any danger by night
or an arrow during the day.
You will not be afraid of diseases that come in the dark
or sickness that strikes at noon.
At your side one thousand people may die, 
or even ten thousand right beside you,
but you will not be hurt.
You will only watch 
 and see the wicked punished.

The Lord is your protection;
you have made God Most High your place of safety.
Nothing bad will happen to you;
no disaster will come to your home.
He has put his angels in charge of you
to watch over you wherever you go.
They will catch you in their hands
so that you will not hit your foot on a rock.
You will walk on lions and cobras;
you will step on strong lions and snakes.

The Lord says, “Whoever loves me, I will save.
I will protect those who know me.
They will call to me,
and I will answer them.
I will be with them in trouble;
I will rescue them and honor them.
I will give them a long, full life,
and they will see how I can save.”

3 comments:

  1. Where is your area? I'm from qc also and I have not heard about this. Scary indeed. Take care and God bless you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't imagine the stress, Kaye. Will include you in my prayers. And do consider moving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep safe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails