Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy New Year!

So 2015 was a blur. Seriously, last year, right after the holidays, I was promising a recap on that family cruise we took. Now, here I am, in the year 2016, and I haven't even written much on what went on the past year.

2016. Feels like the future is here.

Photo from Star Wars

So we spent the holidays with family. I spent it cooking, baking, and taking A out on quality momma and daughter bonding dates - something we both really, really need.

Bonding over good Xiao Long Bao at Din Tai Fung.

And I didn't bother much about seeing other people, except for Mish, Mia, Candy and Shar for Holiday Tea on the 23rd.

Holiday Tea-ing with the girls.
Incidentally, Mish will be selling these really pretty table linen for #MotherWhoBrunch.
Check them out on Instagram at @motherswhobrunch

After getting myself stuck in traffic for three hours driving home, I decided I was going to shut down my phone and spend my Christmas and New Year incommunicado.  So I am sorry if you were trying to reach me. I had my phone on DND - really needed a little peace and quiet.

So no, I didn't even bother going to class reunions (oops), and I didn't see any of my girls (nope, not the BentoMommas, not the Chinese Mafia Moms, none of the SoMoms, or the So-so-Moms, hehe - nada).

For Christmas, we spent the evening at my parents' place. I prepped Tri-Noodle and Russian Salad, while my brother cooked Bistek. We didn't have the usual, as the helper was out for Christmas, so we cooked what the kids and the folks wanted to eat.

My raclette cheese plate from Christmas Eve dinner.

Tri-Noodle!

Russian Salad with ManMade Matcha Finishing Salt

In between Christmas and New Year, RL spent the whole time with KY, so A and I got to bond some more. For the New Year Countdown, we got to stay at Marriott.

RL ready to attack his fresh mangoes at the lounge on the first morning of the New Year.

It was a good break from the hustle and bustle. And a great chance to separate myself from all the negativity and stress. I am thankful beyond words for the year that has passed.

But yes, I am ready for 2016. I say, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails