Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Devil's Out to Get You!

I came home late last night (not late-late, but later than usual) and found A on the couch eating dinner. I took a second look and saw her crying. So I asked her what was wrong, and she started crying out loud.

Scary, freaking loud.

After a few more tries at asking her what was wrong, she wailed, "The demons are chasing after me!" (more wailing)

"What do you mean? Do you see them coming for you?" (I know, I know, stupid question, but I had images of old men chasing down my daughter, and not the spirit-type-of-demon)

After much prodding, she wails back, "I can't see them, but I feel them!"

The house echoes her cries. I fear that even the nuns across the street think we have Linda Blair happening over at our place. Nyar.

So I march A up to the bedroom, and try again. (Did I mention I was freaking out already, and nearing a major heart attack?)

I called my mom and asked for help. She tells me to pray with A. I was freaking out (Lord, I know I should've reacted in prayer at first option, and I am sorry I gave in to my demons by getting all worked up on what I thought was happening). Sigh.

So we prayed.

And I asked her again. This time, careful with my choice of words. "What was happening? Did someone hurt her? Did something happen in school? Etc? Etc?"

"I feel it because of all the bad stuff happening to me."

Okayyyyy... like what? (For a while there, I expected the daddy-answer and I was ready with my speech on how demons existed, excuse the pun, kekeke)

"Like the things RL does to me." (What? Like how?)

"Like he gets my toys and writes on my notebooks, and he gets a new toy today, and I have to study."

Right.

Credit: http://www.oneupmagazine.co.uk
Anyone here have the demon of sibling rivalry in their home? Turns out, she just woke up from a nap (one I told the nanny she shouldn't take unless she is done with homework and studying for her 4 quizzes for today - note: thank goodness, classes were suspended!) and was scared she was gonna get punished for not studying. And we did stay up 'til past midnight studying because of that nap, and that episode! Read: more huffing and puffing.

Demons. She probably was right. The demons were out to get her. I was livid. And I know I was wrong. She's just nine and is probably as stressed out with school. Sigh.


Pray for us!


Psalm 91
New International Version (NIV)

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails