Monday, August 31, 2009

Overheard and More

Yesterday, while having dinner, R's phone rings as he walks in the house with his tagaytay loot. I hardly ever eavesdrop on phone conversations, but the intro to his conversation with the person on the other line caught my attention. So, barefoot and in house shorts, I tippy-toed my way to an upper floor to catch whatever b*ll R was saying. And so I overheard him say, "Pare, hindi ko alam kung bakit ako ginulpi. Hindi naman ako nagchichicks ng may asawa."

LOL! Yea, whatever. I tried to listen in to the whole conversation, but it sounded like he was just trying to convince whoever that he was careful in his womanizing and made sure he didn't irk anyone else in the process. Sure. Tell me about it.

I remember one time, when talking to one of R's good friends, who was then also in an adulterous relationship, we got into an argument because he refused to admit he was hurting anyone. His wife's a good friend and I was trying to talk some good sense into his head. But he answers me with, "Bakit? Wala naman akong inaagrabyadong tao." Sudden amnesia ba to? E asawa mo, hindi tao?

~~~

After dinner, I took A and the baby inside the room to play a little before bedtime (big day today, so must catch our Zsss). My mobile phone rings. Since I do get inquiries on that phone, I decided to pick up even if it was an unknown number.

And I received the freakiest weirdest nyar-to-the-bone call ever. Not that I haven't had calls from complete strangers. I've had my share of calls from women, hopelessly, no scratch that, desperately begging for me to let go and let them have my husband. Those are weird calls as well, mind you. But last night, I got a call from a man - the man. The man who did the deed. The man who is behind R's ugly face.

I really didn't know what to say. Apparently, his friend caught R with a woman who turns out to be his friend's wife. They were going to kill R, but thought about his kids.

(Silence)

What was going through R's head when it was happening??? Did his life flash by? What was he thinking messing with another man's girl????!!! Argh. Not that this hasn't happened before. But wtf????

I'm just relieved they spared his life. At least our kids still have a father. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails