Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Encouragement During Discouraging Times

Do not let the devil steal your joy.

How many times do I have to remind myself that the devil is on the prowl, ready to attack? I am tired and weary, but the Lord promises to carry my burdens for me. I am down, in doubt, hopeful inspite of the hopelessness of the situation, but the Lord reminds me that my Hope is in Him and Him alone. He promises to lift me up!

There are things I do not understand, and will not even try to understand. I may have given up on the situation, but I have not given up on God. He knows where this all leads to. I will wait patiently on Him.

Hebrews 6:15 - "And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise."

2 comments:

  1. I dont know your name so I dont know what to call you...

    Im not married yet and I cant relate to your marital problems but your blog is giving me spiritual strength especially this blog entry Encouragement During Discouraging Times.

    I resigned from work last May and until now, I havent found a new job yet. Reading your blog gives me hope that in HIS time, if I would just wait patiently on Him, He'll eventually reward me.

    Just so you know, that you're a blessing to others, not just to wives with "husband problems" but to others like me too...

    May our Lord God continue to give you strength and gives comfort to your whole family in these trying times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

    Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

    ->Psalm 9:9-10

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails