Sunday, September 27, 2009

State of Calamity

Today, I reflect on those who lost their homes yesterday due to the onslaught of rain. My heart goes out to some of my co-workers who had to spend the night atop their houses, wet and hungry. :(

I would also like to take this time to thank God that my kids and I are safe, and in a dry, high place. I wonder how we can all pick up the pieces after each storm we go through in life, but remember that our God is bigger than all these. His mercy, grace and love is NEW every morning.

~~~

Want to help? Please visit MQ's blog with details on how, where and what here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Kaye! I learned last night that our house in Fairview, QC was completely submerged in the flood. As much as we mourned for our lost things, we're comforted with the Bible verse "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, bu...t on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2Corinthians 4:18

    We're just glad and thankful to God that our family and friends back in PH are safe and alive!


    "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that is a great reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kaye!Thanks for this.I too, am going a personal storm in my life. It boils down to friendship and betrayal.I have a friend who suddenly got mad at me for no apparent reason.She kept it to herself for months.I tried reaching out to her but to no avail.I really don't know what happened, Kaye.Now, all our common friends (who I thought were neutral) are now gone. She intentionally pulled them away from me.It hurts ,Kaye.It is such a painful learning experience for me,But,now, at least I know who my true friends are.I know you're also going through so much.But please include me in our prayers as well.Let us pray for each other.Thanks, Kaye!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails