Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Diaper That Saved My Sanity.

I'm sure most of you know by now that I manage a sideline business called NappyCakes - It's a Diaper Cake! I started out this business back in 2004, with the help of an aunt who lent me what I needed for start-up. And since then, I have been experimenting with different brands of disposable diapers available in the country.

So let's just say I've tried every brand there is in the Philippines. Name it, I've tried it. Well, not on me, but on the cakes. For the longest time, I've been using Drypers because that was what worked with A when she was a baby. Then RL came and changed my whole perspective on what works for little boys.

See, Pampers Comfort used to work fine. Then they "improved" their diaper and had defective tapes. They supposedly pulled out and replaced all stocks, but same story still, after a few months.

Pampers Active Baby used to work just fine, too. We upgraded after the issue with the Comfort line. But as RL grew in size, we noticed his nappies would leak by the time the sun was out, earlier if he had more than two bottles before bedtime. Yes, our bed would be wet with piss. :P

So we switched back to Drypers. And let me tell you what a nightmare that was for me. Sorry to Drypers, but when RL started wearing XL, the diapers would leak in front while he slept. Then it became too much for me when I had to get up 2 or 3x a night just to change his nappies. I thought it could've been a size issue, so since his weight was within the XXL size weight range, I tried that on him, but nooooooo... they were worse.

So when I was at Shopwise over the weekend, I saw that the new pack of Huggies Dry Comfort said "New Improved". Huggies DC used to be too pricey, but they lowered their price! It now comes out to about 11pesos (or less per pad for the XL size), which is about the same if not cheaper than Drypers. And guess what? No leaks. The past 4 nights have been great! No waking up in the middle of an awesome dream!

I was going crazy. But thank you, Huggies Dry Comfort. You saved me from losing my wits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails