Tuesday, May 8, 2012

STOP!


This morning, my good friend L sent me a verse via text. Was too busy to stop and read. I had a rough, rough day. Tuition day tomorrow and I am short. R won't help, and I don't want to fight about money anymore. I cried and asked God so many questions.

Just now, I had to text L for something and stopped to read the verse she sent over 12 hours ago:

"Lord, You are the answer to our questions and the solution to our problems. Only You have the wisdom to work through the storms. In You we find help, and hope, and healing, Amen. Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: 'I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears'." Isaiah 38:5

AND...

"They cried out to the Lord in their trouble, He saved them out oftheir distresses" Psalm 107:19

And to think I liked her status on FB this morning (which had these verses too)!

When God wants to get His message across, it is useless if we do not stop and listen. Life may go too fast, that we do not even bother listening back after we throw a prayer His way. WE HAVE TO STOP AND LISTEN! Look! He had His promise ready for me even before I asked!

I am expectant, Lord! RAIN DOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails