Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Be Still, K, and Know that I am God.

A and i spent some alone time today. we walked over to Mickey D's on emerald and had dinner together. she played with her Happy Meal toys while i read The Power of a Praying Wife and quietly prayed for rey. there is peace in praying for your spouse. it is synonymous to letting go and letting God. last week's devotional did say that prayer is dependence on omnipotence. yes, i am putting my hope in the Lord. all thing are possible with God. and i will do what He wants me to do. i want to do His will. and help me, Lord, because i know it means forgiving. i am still struggling with forgiveness. but i read this today and it just reinforced the path God wants me to take...

Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day he returns to you, saying "I repent," YOU SHALL FORGIVE HIM. (Luke 17:3,4)

we stopped by the park on our way home. A finished her McFlurry while i continued praying in silence. this afternoon, while J and i were discussing my situation for the nth time, we decided that trusting and hoping in God is most important. i have no one else to turn to but Him. He knows exactly why this is happening and while i do not know His purpose or where i am headed, God already knows the outcome. hmmm... same words Kris Aquino used to analyze her situation with James and why she should remain hopeful in God. yes, God knows when this will all end. i have no choice but to accept R's promises and have faith that God is at work in him, even when i cannot see changes... i should trust that the Holy Spirit is working on his heart. as i continued praying for R, this song played on my ipod... (gave me goosebumps but yes, God is in charge and i praise Him for giving me peace)

Hide me now...
Under Your wings.
Cover me...
Within Your mighty Hand.

When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, you are King over the flood.
I WILL BE STILL AND KNOW YOU ARE GOD.

Find rest my soul...
In Christ alone.
Know His power...
In quietness and trust.

When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, you are King over the flood.
I WILL BE STILL AND KNOW YOU ARE GOD.

Be still and know that I am God,
Be still and know that I am God,
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.


isaiah 43:2-3 says When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God... your Savior.

i thank the Lord for being my Lord... for being King over my situation. i will be still and see my God move.

1 comment:

  1. I love this song...the # 1 in my Healing/Praising playlist. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails