Wednesday, November 10, 2010

...

The kids are asleep and I am sitting here reflecting once again on life.

Yesterday was a sad day. I realized that some friends are friends only because they need something from you. Behind your back, they just don't care about you as much as you care about them. Yes, a friend and confidante failed me yesterday. This friend threw our friendship out the window with all her lies. I even made it a point to ask her point blank about something, and yet, she lied straight-faced (ok, I didn't know that exactly since I asked her about that something over the phone, LOL). But you get my drift.

I always tell R that a single lie creates a rainbow of lies. You need to lie to justify or cover up the first lie, and so forth. There are things about other people I don't understand. But I guess, it is mostly because I am not like them, and they aren't like me. When I enter into friendship with someone, I value it and care for that person the way I hope she or he would care about me.

But I guess it isn't the same for everyone. There are friends that know how to be real friends and there are those that just don't know what to do with the friendships they keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails