Friday, September 25, 2015

#BeChevyStrong | My Weekend with the Chevrolet Trailblazer!


I need a new car. 

Seriously, I've had this old vehicle for the past 7 years. I got it when the old operations manager left (he had it for 2+ years) so that means, it is now almost 10 years old. It is manual, too, so you can imagine the pain I get in traffic. Boo. I made a checklist of things I wanted in a new vehicle...

Someone give me a big car, please!

A month ago, Chevrolet Philippines was so kind to let me test drive the Chevrolet Trailblazer.

Check out this handsome ride! Love the Trailblazer in Summit White! Ang guapo!

I do not know much about cars, and didn't have a man in the house to review this handsome ride with me. So this post on the Chevrolet Trailblazer will be from a mom's point of view. I figured that the best way to see if this vehicle is for me, is to check if it can match my 24/7 days. Yes, that means Momma duties, work and hoarding! LOL! So that was what I did on those days I had this baby with me.

It was coded on the day it got delivered so I couldn't do much except nervously drive it home. But mind you, the Chevy Trailblazer is such a steady ride. I didn't have any problems with it. My brother, who ran me through its controls before leaving the office, warned me of its size.

My brother KM showing me some of the controls.

Its pretty wide, so he kept telling me to mind the sides (I am a small girl so I like to find my way through traffic). "Pag hindi kasya, wag mong iisipin na kasya. Malaki ang dala mo." I don't understand why he needed to worry. Because of its size, it commanded other cars to stay clear of it.

I just can't get over how handsome this SUV is!

The next day was a holiday. And we had tickets for KidZania. So this Momma took this ride to BGC. Fancy it seats seven. I had 4 kids, plus KY. So there were 6 of us. Each kid had their own nook, and sat comfortably. A and her friend C took the last row for some private chit-chat away from the adults and the kids (LOL, teenagers). RL and D (BM April's little boy) took the second row. They were a ruckus!

Since I was trying to keep my sanity with 4 kids, I forgot to take a photo of all of us in the vehicle. Oops!
Here's a group selfie of A, D and RL on our way to get C at McDonald's.

RL sat shotgun only for photo purposes.
I wanted a photo with KA at the wheel.
Oops. You see him, don't you? LOL!
Because I had to run after the boys like I was herding cattle, I got sick that evening after KidZania and stayed home the next day. Boo! We had plans to drive to Clark for some hoarding at the Duty Free shops, but I had opted to sleep it off. Good thing though, because the flu-like symptoms went away the next day! Thank goodness!

Sunday morning, my youngest brother decided to give the Trailblazer a spin. He drove my folks to church service and commended the SUV on its spaciousness, height and torque. "You can feel its power," he says.

It also is a safe drive perfect for families, with its state-of-the-art Dynamic Driving Technology. My brother even joked how this vehicle is not only perfect for men, but for women (moms!) as well, because it provides a ton of assistance to the driver - Anti-Lock Brakes, Dynamic Brakes Distribution, Traction Control, Hydraulic Brake Assist, Panic Brake Assist (yes!), Electronic Stability Control, Engine Drag Control, Cornering Brake Control, Hydraulic Brake Fade Assist, Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist (like I said, all sorts of assistance!).

DID YOU KNOW? The award-winning Chevrolet Trailblazer offers a special warranty that covers the vehicle for 3 years plus a 2-year extension for the Powertrain or the first 100km, whichever comes first. New owners also get FREE 3-year 24/7 Roadside assistance just by dialing 328-CHEV! 

Chevrolet sure outdid themselves with the new Trailblazer because to a mom like me, safety is up there on the list of must-haves in a family vehicle. I would like to think I am pretty much a safe driver, but any assistance to this already stressed-out mom is welcome. I am loving that the Trailblazer has all these features!

One of my fave safety features is the Hill Assist. Imagine being parked on a hill and starting your vehicle. No more stress in keeping your vehicle from slipping down the slope or trying to ease your way while stepping on the brakes. The Chevrolet Trailblazer's got it!

Safety features at the touch of a button! Gotta love it!

Reversing Camera for those not used to backing up with a big vehicle!

A built-in dash camera with 32GB memory!

In the afternoon, I decided to take the Trailblazer out to do what I love doing during my spare time - you guessed it - HOARDING! I love that the Trailblazer has enough space for seven plus some. The extra space is valuable to a hoarder like myself.

Getting gifts for Christmas while the stores are not yet crowded with shoppers.
Love that I got to fit all that shopping in the back without even losing any seats to storage space!
I also love the feature of having rubber guards on the edge of the trunk. This guarantees no accidental scratches during loading and unloading.

With the last row seats down, this is the storage space I get with the Trailblazer! I love it!
You can even fold down the second row, too! I can haul a whole store into it! LOL!

This vehicle has so much power! My neighbor, who incidentally used to be editor for the Motoring Section of a major broadsheet, was telling me how she test-drove the newest top-of-the-line model of the Trailblazer in Thailand. A feature she noted and loved was its power - having the ability to pull an over 2-ton trailer load at an incline was no sweat for this mean machine equipped with a Duramax Turbo-diesel engine that produces 200hp of power at 3,600rpm and 500Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. It is the most powerful SUV in its class!

There is something about the name Duramax that you associate with power. This vehicle definitely does not lack it.

But really, the most important use I shall have for any vehicle is to transport my kids to and fro. I want them seated comfortably, safe and secure. Because it was a long weekend with holidays, Chevrolet allowed me the use of the Trailblazer 'til Monday morning. So I got to take the little boy in it again with all our weekday stuff.

Sitting comfortably on the second row.
He loves the fact that the back seats are slightly elevated and that he can see out the front windows!

I love that this vehicle has a lot of leg room!
Our work and school bags fit without getting squished. I don't have to put them on the seats!

When we got to the office, I had RL move to the last row to check out the space. A was telling me that she likes the Trailblazer than both my mom's SUVs since the Trailblazer's last row had so much leg room, and she didn't feel cramped in. I didn't get to take a photo of A, so I asked RL to check it out for the photos.

Loving the last row!

Look Ma! So much leg room, even for the last row!

Additionally, here are some more features that I find handy in a vehicle. I am not much of a techie (I definitely need assistance from my brothers when picking a car!) but these I love about the Chevrolet Trailblazer...

The top-of-the line Trailblazer comes equipped with the new Chevrolet MyLink Infotainment system with mobile connect for both IOS and Android. Other variants beginning with the 4x2 LTX AT will have the new Android Infotainment System with Mobile Connect. You can connect your phone, call or text people, get on Waze and Spotify, watch movies, etc. The MyLink system even mirrors mobile devices allowing you use of apps - even Siri! 

DID YOU KNOW? Chevrolet is currently offering its new 4x2 Trailblazer LTX AT owners FREE 3GB Globe Tattoo 4G internet for the first 12 months! 

Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls. That includes answering your phone calls at the touch of a button!

A power outlet at the back so the kids don't fight over who gets to charge their gadgets!

Rear Airconditioning with controls! No more, "I'm so hot back here, Momma!" from you-know-who.
Open the visor mirror... and the visor lights automatically turn on. 

Storage for your sunnies! Or a place to hide carpark receipts!

More secret storage space! I am loving this SUV!

PLUS! RL's favorite feature - the automated seat adjuster. LOL!

Yes, the Chevrolet Trailblazer is an all-in-one mid-size SUV! It has everything a momma can ever want and need! Thank you, The Covenant Car Company Inc, for lending me this baby for the long weekend! Thank you for allowing us to experience how it is to #BeChevyStrong!



| chevrolet.com.ph
| facebook.com/ChevyPhilippines
| twitter.com/chevroletph
| instagram.com/chevyphilippines



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails