Saturday, March 13, 2010

School's Out!

Well, technically... we still have about a week to go 'til A's Moving Up Day program, but yea, no more pencils, no more books... Woohoo!

A has been bugging me about her summer activities. I'm thinking of sending her to reading class (she was quick to object, of course!). I remember how my brother and I had to endure several summers at Reading Dynamics. Yes, deprivation of summer fun. And yet, each time I look back, I really don't mind, because those classes helped me survive school. I'm thinking of art classes as well. But since A's school won't be having summer programs this year, I might as well prepare those art projects myself. Hmmm... have to find ways to keep the soon-to-be 8 year-old busy. Ay-yah!

I'm helping out A's school in a fund-raising activity. We're putting up a school book and video library for the coming school year. So far, we have a number of commitments. Yey! But we still need help! If you are handling a brand that caters to the kid market, ages 2-14, leave me a note and I shall send you a proposal.

Meanwhile, I am thankful that the past 2 days have been breezy. I was melting from the heat early this week! But I'm excited that summer is here. Thinking about hitting the beach with the kids.

What are your summer plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails