Saturday, April 24, 2010

Melting!

I spent the day cleaning out my junk room (read: extended junk drawer! hehe, oops!). Oh wait, we actually have two - part of the maid's room, and A's bedroom (she doesn't sleep there since we moved her bed to the master's bedroom).

I actually started out with looking for A's old Barbie pool. It was sweltering hot that I wanted the kids to take a dip. But RL hates swimming in the big pool, so my goal was to set the inflatable pool by the balcony and have them swim there. Well, sit in water. Hehe.

I ended up swimming in sweat. The maid's room felt like a sauna. We went through boxes and boxes of stuff - stuff we failed to unpack since we moved up to this unit a year and a half ago. Ho-hum. So we decided to just go through the junk. I spent the whole morning and half my afternoon throwing away stuff we didn't need. I went through a mountain of toys in A's room (who wants free toys, say 'ay!') but I didn't find the pool. So I gave up on that and continued cleaning out the room. We threw away about a dozen bags/ boxes full of junk. Ay-yah! How did we accumulate so much in 9 years? :P

And right when I went back to check on a bag I saw containing props and halloween costumes, I saw the pool on top of the old spin dryer! Yey! So at 5pm, the kids went for a dip. I sat by the pool to watch the little one and I didn't mind getting wet at all. It's just too hot! If I was an ice cream cone, I would have melted 100x over!

My little boy took a bath a total of 4x today! Yes, he was that sweaty. Ha!

~~~



We were actually planning on checking out Rockwell Tent for MYOH 2010, but I figured I didn't need another pair of flipflops. Sayang, wanted a white pair with red straps sana. Oh well. There's always next year.

If you have time to get your own pair, Make Your Own Havaianas 2010 runs until Monday, 26 April 2010 at the Rockwell Tent. Prepare for long, snaking lines. Bring a helper to fall in line for you. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails