Saturday, April 17, 2010

Securing Your Child's Future

I spent the day listening to my aunt explain the wonders of life insurance. Yep, from morning 'til about 30 minutes ago, my head got it's fill of "face amounts, terms, cash values, endowment, maturity", etc. Not that I am complaining, but I spent the whole day in her office digesting every possible information on the investment I got for my kids.

Are you insured? Are your kids insured? Life Insurance isn't as simple as you may think it to be. It is not merely money you don't see (as some of my friends put it), but money set aside to secure your family's future. It is a guaranteed investment. The only guaranteed, sure-sure investment I could bank on, really.

5 years ago, my former officemate W and her hubby were gunned down on Araneta Avenue after withdrawing money from their bank. They were supposed to meet my aunt a month before that happened, to purchase Life Insurance for themselves and for their child. But they had to postpone the meeting because they had a US trip to take and needed the cash. Had they purchased the plans as planned a month before they died, they would have left a legacy to their only child. But no, circumstances prevented them to do so. Sayang, the child could have gotten a good amount plus she could have been insured for life for free.

However, Life Insurance isn't just about sure money after death. It is so much more. In my case, I purchased Life with Endowment for my kids. It is complicated to explain, but I know my kids have something for college, for business, or for whatever they want when they reach a certain age. And yes, it is better than keeping money in a bank. It is the best thing I could have gotten them, with what little I could afford.

Most of my friends think that life insurance is a wasted investment as it is not tangible unless the person insured passes away. But that only shows that they know so little about what is available to them. I am telling you, if you don't have a plan today, it is time to go and get one!



Credit goes to itstimeph for the YouTube video of the It's Time! Commercial featuring James Yap and Baby James.

Should you be interested to know more about what Life Insurance can offer you, leave a comment and I will get back to you. :) Don't pass on this chance to give your family something they can fully depend on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails