Thursday, March 12, 2015

#BentoNews | AN AWESOME DAY FOR BENTO!

Not many of you know (well, because I never wrote about it - I've been planning to, but I haven't had time - until now, hehe) about my obsession with this daily vlog on Youtube.

I will reserve the details for another post, because I am writing this in the morning, right before work. 

I just wanted to share that my absolute, favorite daily vlogger - JUDY of itsJudysLife (well, one of her many vlogs) took notice of my nori art the other day!




Aside from the Nori Art, which showed Benji (Judy's husband) and the #CoffeeMonday shirt design, I had put a lot of thought into what went on my dinner plate. I didn't have stir-fry or gyudon, so I cooked up a small batch of Spicy Angus Beef Tapa from JAMfoods instead, served it with Kimchi (Benji's favorite side dish), Avocado slices (Judy's fave), half a soft boiled egg (something I learned from Benji's food channel - another one of his faves) and cherry tomatoes (both their favorite!).

I posted this on my bento Instagram account, and had KY retweet it on Twitter.


Day 227: It is... ‪#‎CoffeeMonday‬!!! Missing Coffee Mondays on the vlogs!
So tonight, I thought I'd cut up some nori for dinner to make this deco plate
in honor of the man who started my Monday (and everyday!) Coffee habit - @benjimanfood!
On the plate: Spicy Angus Beef Tapa from @jamfoods, kimchi, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and a soft-boiled egg!
Nori art set on top of cheese and premium Jasponica rice from @donamariarice!
‪#‎omnomnom‬ ‪#‎nommy‬ ‪#‎soDood‬ @itsjudytime PS. Happy Birthday to Miya and Keira!!!


I posted it right after dinner, thinking they'd probably see it just in time for breakfast on Monday (they live in WA). Lo and behold, the following day (Tuesday here, Monday evening there), Judy replies to KY on Twitter!


You can be sure that KY freaked out. Hehehe.

Yes, my nori art made COMMENT OF THE DAY! How awesome is that??!


A clip from the actual vlog where Judy mentions KY and my Twitter and IG accounts. Yay!

Here is the actual vlog where she mentions my work. Skip to 17:12 if you don't want to watch the whole video. But hey, her kids are cuties so you may want to check them out.




Thanks, Judy! xx

Awesome, awesome day for Bento! 




| To check out more of my bento work (ie. Charabens, Apple Art, Nori Art), visit my Instagram page: @momma_makes_imbento.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails