Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sick.

Yes, I am sick. I've been trying to fight off this bug for a while. My brother had it for weeks, and about a week ago, I thought I was going to catch it. But I came out fine until last Friday, when I had to ride with my sick brother from EDSA Shang to the office - that's a good 30 minutes of cootie exposure. So yes, after trying to evade it, I finally caught it. Oh woe.

I stayed home yesterday to rest my aching back. All that coughing has taken its toll. Last night, I had asked Yaya J to give me a massage. Today, I woke up feeling like I got run over by a train. Yes, think finger-bruising all over my back - no thanks to Yaya's thin and pointy fingers (remind me never to ask her for a massage again). So here I am, sitting in front of my lappy, thinking how'd I manage to get sick. Nyar. I hate being sick!

What's a good antidote to a bad cough?

My friend C says to take a warm cup of water, half a teaspoon of non-iodized rock salt and 5 calamansi. The office peeps swear on ginger juice (ginger ale nalang, pwede?). I read somewhere that lemon or anything citrus actually induces coughing, so I guess this bag of kiat-kiat ain't helping? LOL!

Haay! I hate being sick. Much more because I hate spreading it to the kids.

Lord, can you please, please, please take my cooties away?



How do you fight the bug? Share them with me!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are better now. My remedy for a cough is a tsp of honey before bedtime. It helps lessen the hacking when you're snoozing at night. Perfect for kiddo's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'll try that tonight. No luck on the bug, on antibiotics now. :(

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails