Friday, May 31, 2013

The Book is Back!

What? Who? Why, Superbook, of course!

Yes, folks! Remember how I invited y'all to last Saturday's Superbook SuperLaunch? Well, Saturday morning, the kids and I got to attend a special screener of Superbook at Robinson's Galleria Cinemaworld!

A and RL posing with the Gizmo standee at the Superbook Special Screener for Media and Friends.

We got to watch the episode "Let My People Go!" - Superbook's take on Moses, the plagues, and the Israelites' adventure out of Egypt. My kids were enthralled. As expected, the little boy kept asking me questions. Watching the screener made me think about my own personal adventures with the old Superbook. I loved this series as a kid! I still do. 

I must admit, I am in awe of the new graphics. And yes, that's Joy, Chris and Gizmo off to a new Superbook adventure!

Icko Gonzalez, Superbook Project Head in the Philippines (who also happens to be a good friend, classmate and brother), mentioned that Superbook had such a great impact in his life that he imagines Bible Stories as depicted in the cartoon series. This also holds true to the legacy Superbook established in me - as this is also how I imagine Bible stories!

And guess what we learned during last Saturday's screener? Superbook will be back on TV! That's right!

This Saturday, 1 June 2013, Superbook Reimagined shall air its pilot episode "In The Beginning" on GMA 7 at 7:30am. 

Catch Superbook Reimagined every Saturday, from 7:30 - 8:00am on GMA 7!

And that's not all! Classic Superbook fans are in for a treat as well!

Superbook Classic episodes will air every Sunday, starting June 2, also at 7:30am on GMA 7!


Catch the old classic (this time in Tagalog) on Sundays, 7:30 - 8:00 am, also on GMA 7!

So why relaunch an old classic? "Superbook aims to capture the hearts of the children of today," says Icko. I doubt that it's a goal that's hard to reach. Already, A has set her alarm for Saturday and Sunday. "I am waking up in time for Superbook," she exclaimed this morning.

As for me, I can't wait for Saturday. I am excited to see how this well-loved and yet, reinvented favorite, takes root in my kids' hearts. This mom is ready to relive the greatest adventure of all time. See you on Saturday (and Sunday), Superbook!

Ikaw? Batang Superbook ka ba?


NEW! SUPERBOOK REIMAGINED
Saturdays, 7:30am, GMA 7

SUPERBOOK CLASSIC (In Tagalog)
Sundays, 7:30am, GMA 7


| facebook.com/BatangSuperbook
| www.batangsuperbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails