Saturday, April 16, 2011

50 Years


My in-laws celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary today. My mother-in-law sent me a text message two weeks ago telling me about it. And although I wasn't so sure about going, it was nice to have been thought of. My in-laws and I have been rebuilding our relationship since the whole big brouhaha happened in 2009. Today, we're sort of status quo with a pound of improvement.

Seriously, when I think about it, we haven't had an argument since 2008. Mainly because I stayed away. And the last ugly (well, not so ugly but stressful) conversation I had with them was DURING the brouhaha, when my father-in-law asked me to talk to R and to welcome him back home. O_o

So really, I can attribute all the peace and quiet to my... er... rather wise move to stay away. But really, my in-laws are nice folks. They're pretty old, and my dad's sort of nit-picky the same way (now that he's past senior citizen qualifier, too). But really, what do you expect from an 80-something year old? I am blessed to have them alive and doting on my kids.

Yes, doting. I wouldn't say the same 2 or 3 years ago. Well, they are crazy about A. But they hardly ever saw RL, never visited. But after spending time with my crazy little boy during the Christmas holidays, they have been won over by his charm and wit.


So yea, 50 years. I would have wanted the same for myself.

Thought to self: Hey wait, I'm still married. O_o

My brothers-in-law were ganging up on R over dinner at Gloria Maris, and we were all laughing at how R and I are more like brother and sister now. My mother-in-law wanted us to have a family picture after dinner!!! Nyar. "Family picture, 4 of you. C'mon!" All I could do was grin and say, "No na."

So I snapped a rare pic of R with the kids, and that was it.




But no, I shall not show you the pic. LOL! Lest I get in trouble with R. O_o

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are gorgeous. :) God bless you and your family. I love reading your blogs. Its so real and inspiring and motivating. :)

    Keep up your strength, K! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails