Thursday, April 7, 2011

Summer Cut!

Our shih tzu, Mickey, has been NEEDING a groom for quite some time now. Last time he had one professionally was in October. Since the other nanny left, I wasn't too keen on giving him his weekly baths. Didn't even have time to brush the little fella, let alone sprinkle Dry Shampoo to make him smelling clean, albeit super dirty.

So today, thanks to the Beeconomic/ Groupon deal I bought online in January, I took him to Pooch Park for a full groom. I've been wanting to send our dogs to Pooch Park ever since the store opened a few years ago, but R takes charge of the dogs, and likes to bring them to his friend's place at Tiendesitas. Pooch Park is a stone's throw away from where we used to live. And I would say, it was more convenient, in terms of location, queues and service.

Now that we live so far from where Pooch Park is, I had to take the morning off to run this errand. But never mind the time off, my pooch badly needed this, plus the deal was great. Imagine a full groom plus toothbrush service for P225! That's 55% off!

I suppose Mickey's tangles were so bad, it took them 2 hours to get him all dolled up and smelling fresh. Oops, my bad. I am so not good with canines. I don't have the patience to groom him everyday, and the Shih Tzu demands daily care. Not my fault (haha, excuses!), my cousin and Achilles Kennel breeder, PC, gave Mickey to A as a post-Christmas gift last year. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs but I cannot personally care for them. I'd rather spend my free time with the little man and the little lady. But hey, not to say I am an irresponsible human! I once hired a nanny for July, R's old poodle, and Dixie, the Yellow Lab who mysteriously disappeared (LOL! R gave him away without letting me know; yep, I come home from the US and my dog is gone!).

So thank goodness for grooming places such as Pooch Park. They give us a better alternative to that crazy dog land over at Tiendesitas. Last I heard, there was a distemper virus floating around the area, and pooch owners are warned to stay away. Sad. Well at least I don't have to wait in line. The last time I had Mickey groomed at Tiendesitas, I waited 4 hours! Yikes!

This is Mickey on the grooming table getting shaved. Kekeke.

This is Mickey Mouse (!) on my office chair, looking all groovy after his day at the groomer's.

What's more, Pooch Park shares some love back to their loyal customers. Every 5 full grooming services entitle you to swag (I love swag!). So yea, I will be back soon!

Pooch Park has stores at the following locations:

J. VARGAS BRANCH
#181 Auto Depot Bldg Julia Vargas Ave., Pasig City
Open: Mondays - Sundays 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Contact nos. : 9105036 or (0922) 9663320

METRO EAST BRANCH
Level 5 Robinsons Metro East Marcos Highway, Pasig City
Open: Mondays - Sundays 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Contact nos. : 6477025 or (0933) 9348553

Check out Pooch Park's official site here. And add them on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails