Thursday, May 12, 2011

Alternick and Accountability

I've been entertaining the thought of creating an alternick just to give a troll a dose of her own medicine. If you're following me on Twitter, then you know exactly what I mean. But really, what good does an alternick do? I'd be stooping down to the level of a wolf in sheep's clothing! And that doesn't make me any different from my detractor.

Besides, we are accountable for what we say or write (and think!), even when we choose to do so using another name or account. Or blog! God sees what man cannot. You may be doing something hidden from the rest of humanity, but God sees your every move and knows your every thought. I'm not gonna be a hypocrite by saying the thought never crossed my mind. In fact, my brother and I were discussing this issue before Holy Week when the heat was in full flame. And truth be told, he was ready to take on front line for me. But see, what good will it do? At the end of the day, it doesn't make you any more of a winner.

The Bible says... "the man who holds his tongue is wise" I think I shall take the higher road, thank you.

"Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent;
with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent." (Proverbs 17:28)



Photo Credit: gannsdeen.com who got it from brandonhays.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails