Sunday, March 25, 2012

Israel Houghton LIVE in Manila!

GM, my friend and co-DJ on Just For Teens (yes, was a kid DJ sometime back), has been bugging us about getting Israel Houghton (pronounce as Hoh'-tin and not Hew-ton, folks) to come over to the Philippines for a concert. I've been trying to explain to everyone that we're only distributors and have no hand (really) in bringing artists in (well except for a few who actually ask for our help). So when I heard from the grapevine about Israel coming over, I sent GM a message right away.

Yes, folks, it's finally happening! Israel Houghton is coming to Manila! What's more, he's bring the whole gang with him! Yes, that's right, The New Breed's coming, too! And if that isn't enough to get you all extra giddy and jumping up and down, they're also having The Planetshakers share the stage with them! Not one, not two, but 3 amazing artists in one night! Woohoo!


My officemate says this is going to be like November's SAVED Festival, but I think this is way bigger. Having Israel Houghton here is a feat. I remember seeing a concert poster in Singapore back during the New Year holidays and thought they must be extra blessed to have him visit. But alas, he's coming here! FINALLY!

Mark your calendars! It's all happening on the 21st of April 2012 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Show starts at 730pm, while gates open at 530pm. If you haven't got tickets yet, I seriously suggest you go get yourself one. NOW! Tickets have been selling like hotcakes (because apparently, it's not only GM who's excited to see Israel Houghton LIVE in Manila! Ha!).

Date: April 21, 2012
Venue: Smart Araneta Coliseum
Time: 7:30PM 


Ticket Prices:
VIP (Reserved Seating) - P1800 
PATRON (Reserved Seating) - P1500 
LOWER BOX (Reserved Seating) - P1200 
UPPER BOX A (Reserved Seating) - P800
UPPER BOX B (Free Seating) - P500
GEN AD (Free Seating) - P 250

Tickets are available at Ticketnet (911-5555) and at the Becca Music Office (9105524/ 9105352). But you'd better act fast, because last I heard, they've sold out of VIP and Patron tickets! You may also reserve online via www.beccamusic.com/reservations.

If you don't know who Israel Houghton is, you'd probably be surprised to realize that you actually know most of his songs - "Friend of God", "Lord, You are Good", "Here I Am to Worship", "Moving Forward", etc. I was discussing this concert with some girlfriends two weeks ago, and T tells me "I know the songs, I just didn't know it was Israel who sang them!" LOL!

For someone who has won dozens of awards, you'd think Israel Houghton would be a household name in the Philippines. Well, he will be - after this event. That's for sure.

DON'T MISS THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails