Saturday, March 29, 2014

RL Funnies: THINGS.

My little boy cannot pronounce TH-. There are some words that begin or end with TH that he says with an F.

For example, the word bath becomes baF: "Mommy, I need to go and take a baF." or "Mommy, ate won't open the door to the baFroom."

Or say, the word throw. He says, Frow or Frowing like "Momma, ate is Frowing her food!"

I've been correcting him lately, and he is mindful of his TH words, but tends to exaggerate that I always end up snickering (bad momma, I know). He says baT for bath now - without emphasis on the word having an H because it almost always ends up as baF. But he tries.

Yesterday, while in the car, on the way to Araneta Coliseum for work, he was asking if we could go to my mom's house (A has been sleeping over since school ended because she is spending time with my mom and KY).

RL: "Can we go to Ama's (Grandma) house tonight?"
K: "Nope. I don't think so. We will finish late."
RL: "But I haven't been to Ama's house for plenty of days already." (he has no concept of weeks)
K: "Why? What will you do there anyway?"
RL: "I want to see if Ama has new Fings." (meaning things)
K: "What are Fings?!"
RL: "I want to see if Ama has new stuff pala! STUFF! Not the other word."

Aba, mautak. He knows his synonyms. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails