Friday, September 6, 2013

I shall... OVERCOME!

I know most of you are saying, "there she goes again", "old story", "giving up daw". Believe me, I am as confused as you are. When I am on my knees, I have nothing on my plate but prayers for wisdom and direction. I must admit, I am disappointed, ashamed, and discouraged. But then, maybe God is telling me it is when I am broken that I will find I can do nothing else but trust that He is in charge of my situation. I don't know. Like I said, I am confused. I don't know what else to do, I have nothing else to give.

My US Principal sent this to me via email today. How timely. I've blogged about this particular release recently. But Mandisa's words did not speak as much then than it does to me today. My mind may keep changing (I am but only human), but my God is forever the same - faithful, all-powerful and just. His promises remain, and I suppose I should cling to that instead of my angry, resigned and disappointed disposition.


(Please watch the video. It is very encouraging.)

You're an overcomer -
Stay in the fight '‘til the final round. 
You're not going under -
‘Cause God is holding you right now.
You might be down for a moment, 
Feeling like it's hopeless... 
That's when He reminds you,
That you're an overcomer. 
You're an overcomer.

Everybody's been down, 
Hit the bottom, hit the ground. 
Oh, you're not alone, 
Just take a breath, don't forget, 
Hang on to His promises. 
He wants you to know...

The same Man, the Great I Am -
The one who overcame death
Is living inside of you. 
So just hold tight, fix your eyes 
On the one who holds your life. 
There's nothing He can't do. 
He's telling you...
YOU'RE AN OVERCOMER!
(Overcomer, from the album Overcomer by Mandisa)

I had posted this verse on Facebook the other day. It was just one of those verses, you know, that came up on my Bible app.

“I told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world you will have trouble, but be brave! I have defeated the world.” (John 16:33 NCV)

LORD, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS ROAD LEADS. YOU KNOW MY HEART AND HOW TIRED AND FRAIL I FEEL. NEVERTHELESS, I AM THANKFUL THAT YOU ARE HOLDING MY HAND. BLIND AS I MAY BE AS TO WHAT IS ON THE NEXT BEND, I AM TRUSTING THAT WHATEVER THIS IS, AND WHATEVER IT TAKES, YOU WILL BE GLORIFIED.

After all, it is Your story, not mine. It is Your victory, not mine. He is Yours, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails