Monday, October 26, 2009

Depression

R has been in and out of depression lately. There are days when he seems okay, like everything is back to normal. Then there are days when he is ready to kick the bucket. Not that I don't believe him, but sometimes, I can already predict his days. Yesterday, for example, he was all smug, like he didn't care about anything that involves family. Then today, he sends a text about being deprived of happiness.

I wonder if he truly knows how it is to be depressed? If his depression is the lack of happiness, and if the kind of happiness he has been searching for is the worldly, fleeting kind? I text him back and say "True happiness comes from only one Source. You may be looking for it in the wrong things, in the wrong places."

"So this is how it feels." He replies. Yes, R, depression and I are old friends. It used to be the story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails