Monday, October 19, 2009

Attacking Disappointment!

I stayed home today. I spent most of the weekend carrying the not-so-little one (who now weighs over 25lbs at 10months!) and woke up with a bad back. I spent most of the morning sighing away in bed, thinking of all my struggles, but got up with a resolve not to allow the devil to steal my joy away. If there is one thing I have learned from all the problems that have come my way, it is this: God can always, ALWAYS turn it into something good.

I am actually in the middle of looking for a new place to move to. Rent here is killing me. Dues are an added pain, and electricity rates are sky high (we live in a mixed-use condominium where terrible commercial rates apply). If that isn't big enough a problem (to think we just moved September of last year), today, I received notice from my nanny that her soon-to-be-husband wants her to quit working by end of this year. :( So yea, added stress. Hence, I started the day wanting to cry. But then, yesterday, I was in a similar situation and had to deal with disappointment, and yet, God did not fail me. He came through for me. So why shouldn't God pull this one through for me, too? ;)

The thing about dealing with disappointment is this: You have to be armed with counter-attacks. If the devil throws you woes, God has promises in His Word to keep you armed for attacks! In the middle of my depressed state, I am reminded that all I have to do is to "Trust in the Lord with all my heart" (Proverbs 3:5) and that He promises "to prosper me, not to forsake me" (Jeremiah 29:11). How will you pull out God's promises if your bag of promises is empty? You have to arm yourself with God's Word. Hide it in your heart.

Pastor D, in a message a coupl'a Sundays ago, gave a funny example of why we should keep God's promises in our hearts. What if, you find yourself in a situation where you need to minister to or counsel someone in need? But the only verses you know are Genesis 1:1 and John 3:16? I can just imagine this scenario:

You: Friend, God loves you. He promises... uh... that if you believe in Him, He will give you eternal life. He says so in John 3:16! And you know what else? uh... In the beginning, God says in Genesis 1:1, He created the heavens and the earth.

LOL! What a riot that will be!

Are you armed to counter disappointments? Read your bible today!



Do you need a guide to read the whole Bible in one year? Find One Year Bible guides here or here (or here! hehehe).

1 comment:

  1. Ms.Kaye, thank you for the bible guide.God bless u always

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails