Thursday, October 8, 2009

So. I wait for inspiration and it hits me in the middle of the night, right when I am finally in bed, all snug and ready for sleep. The kids are sound asleep. All is quiet, save for the soft whirring of the aircon's motor. It gets too quiet around here at night. So much so that I can almost hear the thoughts in my head.

What is keeping me awake on this cool October night? Various thoughts are filling my almost full-to-the-brim head. Yes, nights like this keep me from sweet slumber. I can already picture the hangover tomorrow. Funny that they aren't of the alcohol kind, but rather, the ones from lack of sleep. Just today, my label manager, D, exclaimed his surprise to find me asleep over lunch break. That's a first, he says, or so he thinks. Hohum. I suppose X is right, I do need a break.

But how? Sleep doesn't even come easy, and it is in those moments when I am at rest that my mind decides to run marathons in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails